I still believe in Boise State

It's the off-season, so I'll be updating this much more often in ensuing days.

I stayed up for the brilliant game between the Boise State Broncos and Nevada Wolf Pack last night.  I'm not ruing my lack of sleep one bit.

Maybe I'll be the first to declare this:  Kyle Brotzman, the Boise kicker who missed a 26-yard field goal at the end of regulation, is the American college football version of Ghana's Asamoah Gyan, who missed a last-second penalty shot at the World Cup against Uruguay.  Heartbreaking.  Both those guys could make their kicks in their sleep, but in the crucial moment they came up lacking.

The rest of the college football season is now anticlimactic.

Ah, what am I saying?  College football always becomes anticlimactic in November and December.

Cam Newton reminds me of Ohio State's Troy Smith, albeit he's bigger, stronger, slower, and with a weaker arm and worse footwork...

I'm sorry, I guess he doesn't remind me at all of Troy Smith.  You know who he reminds me of instead?  Tim Tebow.  Big, strong, loves to run for first downs up the middle on third and short.  Same polarizing cloud of controversy surrounding him, too.

Comments

Popular Posts