Next items on my agenda: Getting all the pre-game interviews posted online and updating the highlight soundbytes page on the Lugnuts' website. We'll see how long it takes me to get everything updated.
Here are today's LugNuggets:
- Chad Jenkins is making his 6th start this season tonight, his 3rd against Fort Wayne. Against everyone else in the MWL, he's 1-0 with a 2.84 ERA. Unfortunately, he's 0-2 with a 5.91 ERA vs. the TinCaps.
- Jenkins has whiffed 29 batters this year. 27 of those are swinging strikeouts.
- Brad Glenn has reached base in all 21 games he's played this year.
- Kenny Wilson may have missed every game in the month of May thus far, but he's still leading the Midwest League with six times hit-by-pitch.
- Matt Wright faced 12 batters in the South Bend series. He retired them all.
- The Lugnuts hitters lead the Midwest League in batting average, at-bats, base hits, doubles, and stolen bases. The Lugnuts pitchers lead the MWL in fewest walks issued.
- Yesterday was the first day since April 29 in which the Lugnuts did not steal a base and was the first game since April 22 in which the Nuts did not attempt a steal.