Let's talk Game 6

When the World Series began, I wasn't rooting for either the Cardinals or the Rangers -- I only wanted Game 7.  I have no dog in the fight, favoring neither the Cardinals or the Rangers.  Ever since the World Series began, I have been rooting only for a Game 7.

Now, after a fantastic first five games and last night's Game 6, we're here.

When David Freese lined his two-out, two-strike, two-run game-tying triple in the ninth, the game became great.  When Lance Berkman answered Josh Hamilton's two-run homer by lacing his two-out, two-strike game-tying single in the tenth, the game became classic.  When David Freese walked off in the eleventh, it was added to the pantheon of epic World Series games.

Game 7.  No rain in the forecast.  Let's do this.

The most anticlimactic Game 7 in World Series history (that I can think of off the top of my head) was 1985.  Kansas City vs. St. Louis.  First base ump Don Denkinger's blown call highlighted a Royals 9th inning comeback in Game 6.  In the series clincher, the Cardinals embarrassingly imploded.  Final score:  KC 11, StL 0.  Don't remind the folks at Busch.

Somehow I don't think tonight will be anticlimactic.

Comments

Popular Posts