Monday Mishmash

First things first:  This was TNT's NBA opening video yesterday, and it is fantastic.

I'm a LeBron hater (and a Tebow hater, and a Yankees hater...), but man did the Heat look good yesterday.   As a Wizards fan, this is going to be a long season.

On the bright side, there's a host of fun teams to watch -- off the top of my head, I'd tune in to the Thunder, Clippers, Kings, Nuggets, Warriors, and Timberwolves just for the sheer entertainment value of the way they each play basketball.  I'm a simple man.  I like teams that are running and blocking and dunking and generally getting up and down the court in a hurry.

Yes, the Heat do that too, but I'm a hater (who thinks they'll win the title this year).

*

Bob Nightengale reports that the A's are likely moving to San Jose.  If this means more fans, a better stadium, and a higher payroll, it works for me.  With the Twins in their beautiful new ballpark and the Marlins opening up their new digs next year, this means we're getting closer to having every team in MLB in a good situation.

Now if we only could do something for the poor, mighty Tampa Bay Rays.

*

Terrible trade for the Reds in dealing for Sean Marshall.  Maybe he'll help out their bullpen, but they gave up proven starter Travis Wood and diminutive talents Dave Sappelt and Ronald Torreyes.

No exaggeration:  Torreyes was the best opposing player I saw in person this past year.  He influenced virtually every game that his Dayton Dragons played and led the Midwest League in batting in the second half.

*

Saturday was NFL, Sunday was NBA, today is NHL.

I'm perfectly happy about that.

Happy 6th day of Chanukah!

Comments

Popular Posts