(I've bolded the games the ACC won)
- Conference Champion Georgia Tech was dominated by Iowa, 24-14. It wasn't that close.
- Runner-Up Clemson tipped a Kentucky squad, 21-13, that went 3-5 in the SEC. Kentucky had more first downs in the game.
- Miami was shut down by Wisconsin, 20-14. Wisconsin held the ball for nearly 40 minutes of the game.
- Boston College was stifled by USC, 24-13.
- Virginia Tech demolished Tennessee, 37-14.
- North Carolina was edged by Pittsburgh, 19-17, on a last-second field goal.
- Florida State, in Bobby Bowden's last game, roared past West Virginia, 33-21.
There you go. A 3-4 record for the ACC. Two solid wins (FSU, VaTech), two defensive demolitions by Big Ten squads, one rout by a Pac-10 team, one last-second loss against a Big East school, and one dramatic win against an SEC outfit.
Color me unimpressed.
You know what the ACC's record in BCS games is?
Two wins in 12 games. Embarrassing.
The SEC is 13-5, the Pac-10 is 9-5, the Big East is 6-6, the Big Ten is 10-11, and the Big 12 is 7-9. Oh, and the Mountain West and the WAC each have two wins, same as the ACC -- except they each have only one loss.
Thank goodness it's college basketball season now, right?