Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meet... Ben Owen


Meet Your Lansing Lugnuts Front Office Member, Day Eleven.

Ben Owen
Production Assistant

Season:
  1st Season

Position: This is my first season with the Lansing Lugnuts. On non-gamedays, I work with the marketing staff and assist with promotions. I also will be the person who makes some of the in game videos that play on the scoreboard. During games, I will be helping put videos up on the scoreboard, capture and play replays. I’m very excited for this season to start; this is my first job coming out of college and I’m learning a ton.

Education:  Michigan State University Grad ’12, Media Arts and Technology

Following My Passions:  I figured out in high school that I wanted to go into video. In the beginning I felt like I wanted to go to Hollywood and make big movies.  However, I soon found this to be a career path that I didn’t like. Away from video, my biggest passion is sports. I began working with Big Ten Network Student U while in college, which allowed me to gain experience in broadcasting live sports. I was even lucky enough to assist and observe several ESPN and Big Ten Network productions.      

Favorite Teams:  I’m obviously a huge Michigan State fan. My family is from Ohio so I’ve been raised to be a Cleveland Indians fan.  Living in Michigan, I have a growing rooting interest in the Tigers.

A Little More About Me:  In my spare time, I often find myself looking for video projects to shoot and edit.  I'm often coming up with ideas for short films, or, if my brain isn’t working, I head outside and take pictures. I really enjoy photography, especially sports photography. I also love spending time with my family. Whenever they are in the Lansing area, I enjoy showing them around letting them see what the my home for the last four years has to offer. In addition to my  family, I have a group of great friends that keep me entertained at all times and are always there for me. I enjoy cooking. During my time at MSU I have developed a few dishes that I enjoy making, and I’m always trying to come up with more. All in all, I’m pretty simple. I love sports, video, and people. I’m extremely excited to be in the position that I’m in and am very excited for this upcoming season.

Go Nuts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you, Ben! Enjoy the season.

Go Nuts!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob O said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keith & Gloria said...

Congratulations Ben...Your Grandma Carole keeps us posted on what you are doing..We are not exactly MSU fans:) But we watch BB & Football on TV..I have been a Duke fan for years..We won't talk about their BB season:( Keep up the good work-glad your Dad sent us the info...
Keith & Gloria Miller