Meet... Matt Hicks


Meet Your Lansing Lugnuts Front Office Member, Day Six.

Matt Hicks
Retail Manager and Games Area Supervisor
Season:  8th

Position:  Retail Manager and Games Area Supervisor.  I love to sell our merchandise and I think everyone on our staff will agree with this statement!  We have a great brand, team name and logos.  Lansing Lugnuts remains one of the top retail sales teams in all of minor league baseball.  I’ve sent merchandise to every state in the US, sent items to Canada, Europe and to Japan.  As a sports enthusiast, I enjoy talking to the customers who visit the Nuts and Bolts team store throughout the season.        

Education:  Northwood University grad, Marketing and Management Bachelor Degree in Business.

Hobbies:  Golf, golf and more golf.  I’ve been playing for over 15 years now and love the game.  My goal is to get my golf handicap below 5 this summer.  My favorite course is The Fortress in Frankenmuth, MI.  I also own and manage a sports card and comic book shop in my hometown of Eaton Rapids.  My favorite comic book movie released thus far is Captain America, but I am very excited to see Avengers movie this May.  The best comic book storyline written recently was Marvel’s Civil War.  My prized collectible is a Spectacular Spiderman #1 autographed by Stan Lee.  I am a big brewery fan as well and have visited over 25 breweries throughout the state.

My entire family still lives in mid-Michigan.  I spend as much time with my two younger sisters and my parents as I can, and they love to come to Lugnut games.  (I’m sure getting free tickets is a big part of the reason why!)

Favorite Teams:  Sparty On!  I'm a big MSU fan, plus a Tigers fan.  I saw Cecil Fielder play at Tiger stadium when I was a kid and look forward to watching his son, Prince, play this season.  I am a Tiger Woods follower as well and I am hopeful to meet Tiger at this year’s Ryder Cup in September at Medinah Country Club.

Go Nuts for Retail!

Comments

Popular Posts